Scott Adams – Loserthink How Untrained Brains Are Ruining America
- Scott Adams – Loserthink How Untrained Brains Are Ruining America </b>
- Sneaky mental habits trapping victims in their own bubbles of reality.
- If you’ve been on social media lately, or turned on your TV, you may have noticed a lot of dumb ideas floating around.
- “We know when history will repeat and when it won’t.”
- “We can tell the difference between evidence and coincidences.”
- “The simplest explanation is usually true.”
- Wrong, wrong, and dangerous!
- If we’re not careful, loserthink would have us believe that every Trump supporter is a bigoted racist, addicts should be responsible for fixing the opioid epidemic, and that your relationship fell apart simply because you chewed with your mouth open.
- Even the smartest people can slip into loserthink’s seductive grasp. This book will teach you how to spot and avoid it–and will give you scripts to respond when hollow arguments are being brandished against you, whether by well-intentioned friends, strangers on the internet, or political pundits. You’ll also learn how to spot the underlying causes of loserthink, like the inability to get ego out of your decisions, thinking with words instead of reasons, failing to imagine alternative explanations, and making too much of coincidences.
- Your bubble of reality doesn’t have to be a prison. This book will show you how to break free–and, what’s more, to be among the most perceptive and respected thinkers in every conversation.
- No matter how smart or well-informed you are, you’re probably trapped in a mental prison without knowing it. Scott Adams, the world-famous creator of Dilbert and New York Times bestselling author of Win Bigly, teaches us how to recognize and avoid the “loserthink” that prevents us from seeing outside our own bubbles of reality. Even the smartest and most educated among us can slip into “loserthink,” since we haven’t been exposed to the best thinking practices in every discipline. Psychologists, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, historians, and artists, for example, all see the world through different filters. If we don’t understand the basics of those filters, we’re likely to fall into loserthink. Some signs you’ve succumbed to loserthink include: inability to get your ego out of your decisions, thinking with words instead of reasons, failing to imagine alternative explanations, trusting your preferred news sources, and making too much of coincidences. And with the never-ending stream of urgent notifications on your phone and anger on your social media feeds, it’s easy to feel miserable, defensive, anxious, poor, and sick. But Adams offers a cure for loserthink by teaching you the most productive thinking practices from a variety of disciplines. In this book, you will learn how to… * Recognize the walls of your own mental prison and break out. * Understand the world in a way you have never seen it before. * Be among the most perceptive and respected thinkers in every conversation. Your bubble of reality doesn’t have to be a prison. This book will show you how to break free.